Friday, May 17, 2024

USA 2024


 

ECLIPSE TOTAL TEXAS 2024
FABOULOUS PHOTO by NASA


I finally made the trip I had planned for 2020. So many things have happened, including a few years of Covid restrictions, that I kept putting it off for another time.

This year I saw that the total eclipse was going to be visible in Texas, right where my niece lived. That did it, this was the year to take the trip to see the eclipse and  family.

I have made the photos small for the blog. I have the large photos on my computer.

Just click on the section you want to see. Then to return, just hit return.  HERE

For some reason the locations are landing a little low. Just scroll up.


GEVREY
TEXAS
ARBORETUM and BLUE BONNETS 

I took photos at the beautiful Arboretum of Dallas and of the blue bonnets that were blooming everywhere. Two photos below I used a method call ICM. It is International Camera Movement. It is fun to try once in a while when there is such an explosion of color.
I had a wonderful visit with my niece and saw of few things around Dallas. I had jet lag, so walks around the area were perfect. Lots of sun and warm weather.
And to top it off, we saw the eclipse ( 3 minutes plus of totality). We went to the north end of the  Lavon lake. No crowds, beautiful blue bonnets and an experience of a lifetime, the eclipse. The clouds broke in time to watch.

 ARBORETUM
Arboretum 

Arboretum

Arboretum

Arboretum

Arboretum

Arboretum

Arboretum

Arboretum

Arboretum

Arboretum

Arboretum

Arboretum

Arboretum

Arboretum 

Movement of Camera-Arboretum

BLUE BONNETS

Blue Bonnets

 
Blue Bonnets

Blue bonnet up close


Blue Bonnets and Andrea

Blue Bonnets by the lake

Blue Bonnets Camera Movement

The lake

A field of blue bonnets


Eclipse and what we saw,
Not my photo!









PHOENIX
  •     Reunion
  •     Arboretum 
I arrived in Phoenix and stayed with my niece Karen. A large party was scheduled for Saturday. 
On Wednesday morning Karen had some work to do, so I met up with a college friend. It was fun to catch up after 50 years (yikes)!
Things to do before Saturday and dinners with family, the days passed swiftly. We did take time to visit the Phoenix arboretum, such a beautiful place. 

REUNION
Louis Ferrara, Karen Ferrara and 
"Uncle" John  and daughter Lisa


A few group photos at the end of the day

The old Veeser cousins, Tom et Sue

Grandma Katie and family Wolf
Nicolas, Nolan, Katie, Harleyann and Milo

Cousins

Siblings and cousin Karen Ferrara 

Andrea, Michele, Katie and Mark

Katie, baby Milo, Karen and Lou Ferrara 

Andy and daughter Annecy

Milo and Harleyann

Michael, Luis and Diego

Lou and Russ Ferrara left
Michel and Mike on the right 

Andy and daughter Annecy and Solana

Marilee, Marlen and Mark right
Andy with daughters on the left

Grandma Katie, Nolah,
and  Harleyann with Milo

Diego and Jeff

Milo and Harleyann


Aunt Lynn and Uncle Russ on the right ,
and Mike and Michael Wolf left

Marlen

Aunt Nicole and Milo

Lynn and Mike

Mike, Lou Ferrara, Karen Ferrara and
Steve Ferrara on the phone and the 
back of John



Michele and Michael


Lou Ferrara and friend John


Group photo
“Cousins”, Karen and Lisa


Luis and Nicole 

Wolf family




 FOUNTAIN HILLS

The beautiful and tranquil desert garden at the house in Fountain Hills. Sit on the patio with a glass of lemonade ( made from the lemon tree) and listen to the birds sing. How relaxing.









The quail come through the fence every evening at around sunset. They pass through the garden and go up into the neighbors tree to roost for the night. It can be a small group, or at times over 50 plus quail running through the garden. Mark said a few times it has been near 100 quails.

One quail


Very few were coming through the fence. A couple came and flew up into the tree near the fence. But always going back. Then Mark looked up mating season, and they tend to nest on the ground. Maybe that is why the gang was not coming through the fence? Soon we saw the reason for their caution!


Coyote!

He is checking us out! Glad there is a fence.










SIOUX FALLS

I flew into Minneapolis on the 15th. On the 16th I drove to Sauk Rapids and had lunch with a friend. It was pouring rain, so I did not drive around for photos, unfortunately. That afternoon I drove half way to Sioux Falls and stayed in Marshall Minnesota. On the 17th I drove to Sioux Falls. Luckily, the sun was out and the weather was good.
I was born here in Sioux Falls at McKennan hospital and baptized at the cathedral. Our family moved 1954. 

Valerie had arranged for a large family get together for dinner. It was great to see my cousins and share the evening with everyone. 

Trudeau family- my cousins

My Uncle Bitz (Hubert)  had 5 children. Bitz was my mother’s brother. Three of his children are in the photo. Tom on the left front, Mike on the right front and Val behind me on the right. Tom’s wife Peggy is just behind him and Mike’s wife LoAnn is just behind him.
The younger generation are the two children and spouses and two grandchildren of Mike and LoAnn.

Sioux Falls is named after the falls on the Sioux river. Here are a couple of photos  of the falls.

Falls on the Sioux River

Falls on the Sioux River

After my couple days visiting in Sioux Falls, I returned to Minneapolis.
I had a couple of lunches with friends and then it was time to return home.
I had a layover at the Chicago airport for several hours, so I decided it was time for a Chicago hotdog. One sometimes needs a hotdog fix every 20 years or so.

So so good!

A Trudeau note. I do genealogy research and have had contact with the Commeree families from the west coast. Prospere and Moise Commeree moved to the west coast and my contacts are direct grandchildren. One had posted a photo of grandma, Leontine Commeree Trudeau and I thought I would share it with you. So few photos of grandma, I remember her "snarl" every time someone wanted a photo. If any interest in genealogy, send me a note.

Leontine Commeree

This is the end.
Wonderful memories.





GEVREY TEST


GEVREY-CHAMBERTIN, FRANCE
This opens in another tab so you close to return here

Much of the green that you will see are the vines.  Photo above is the chateau, of the XI and XII century.
A few words (titles to some sections)
Eglise= Church   Mairie= Mayors office   Chateau= Chateau   Vignobles =the vines   Ecole= School

ALSO just a little more than a minute  the St Vincent celebration jan 2020

This opens in another tab so you close to return here

THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment