Last Rose - 1st week of November
Fall has set in and it is a gray November. The weekend of the 13th-14th we had some sun, and it was about 65 degrees. Then late Sunday afternoon, a storm came through.
We had dinner one night in Messanges. What a great night. My first big outing since the surgery, and with friends, good food and wine, the evening was perfect.
I have a few other photos taken late October or November. Also went this last week and visited Ohtar, Marie Therese's horse. He is stabled near Seurre (valley of the Saone River).
I do have to add that Nov 28th was Keith's birthday. I made beef burgundy and we had a 1994 Morey St. Denis 1er Cru, it was sooooo good...WOW (oh by the way, the beef burgundy was good too). Life is good............
CARROT FLANThis is an easy and great winter recipe. Also really not that hard.
- 1 pound carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 ounce Grana Padano cheese, grated
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup crème fraiche or heavy cream
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese finely grated
- Salt and pepper (white pepper preferred)
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Butter a 8 ramekins or use a cupcake pan -sprinkle it lightly with Parmesan cheese.
- Boil the carrots until tender
- Pass them through a potato ricer while still hot.
- Blend the carrots with cheese, eggs, and crème fraiche
- Add pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper
- Spoon the mixture into the buttered ramekins.
- Prepare a large roasting pan with warm water
- Place the ramekins in a roasting pan (water should come about 1/2 way up the sides of the ramekins )
- Bake at 350° about 15-20 minutes (test with a knife or toothpick -should come out clean when put into the middle of a ramekin)
- Cool slightly before unmolding and serving.