|Exposition photo theme "Detail"|
You may have noticed or will notice a notification automatic. The EU now requires a privacy notification. Nothing has changed in my Blog, this is a new rule that went into effect mid-may.
My photo club has its' annual exposition this last weekend in May. We had 47 photos exhibited and about 500 people pass through. It was slow on Sunday the 28th because it was Mother's Day here in France. I won 1st place in the vote of the Photo Club members. I am really happy. However now I have to set up a photo display next year of 6 to 9 photos!!
|Our Expo is in the Caveau of the Espace Chambertin|
|Getting ready for the vernisage (opening) of the Expo|
After speeches from the club president and mayor,
everyone shares a glass and snacks like gougeres
I had that evening and the next day to visit and site see (should have scheduled more time..love Chicago). I arrived and it was freezing cold. There had been light flurries during the afternoon, and that evening with the wind, it was cold. Had a nice glass of wine with my cousin and spouse (cousin-in-law???).
Next morning bright and early, I set out on a blue sky morning (7 am) and although sunny it was very cold! and it is Chicago (the WINDY CITY) there was lots of wind (brrrrrr rrrr). I went over to Millennium Park and took photos...what a beautiful place.
|The graphics of the glass buildings is amazing!|
|This is the outdoor concert building...large grass stretch|
in front for summer concerts. But again I was drawn to the
|Cloud Gate or better known as The Bean (Haricot)|
Next year the Theme for the Photo Club expo is
REFLETS (reflections)... I am ready.
Stopped in the drug store for gloves after some photos!
|Parts of Missouri are on the old Route 66|
|The water jets are all timed to music.|
|A walkway that passes behind the fountains |
on the river side..
|Old truck by the Big Bass store - still in Branson|
|Bryant Creek, more like a river to me though|
|Flock of butterflies|
|Linen flowers, note the ruins of a castle on the hill left|
and the town church center.
|More linen turning the other direction (bluer)|
add them next month. I had several memory cards, now I need to find all of them.
To end the month, we had lunch at a friends house. We started at noon and finished at 7:30 pm. A delightful afternoon with friends, food and wine. It all passed so quickly. One needs a lunch like this every so often.
Cake with Camembert and chives.
Cake here can be sweet or salty. This is a good aperitif.
- · 1 camembert (750 grams)
- · 180 grams shifted flour ( about 1 ¼ cup flour)
- · 3 eggs
- · 12 cl of crème fraîche liquid (1/2 cup- use cream if no creme fraiche)
- · 5 cl of white wine (dry) ¼ cup
- · 1/2 bunch of chives (or to taste)- batter should be fairly colored by the chives
- · 10 g of butter – 1 TBL melted
- · 1/2 packet or 5.5 grams baking soda
- · Pepper and nutmeg
- · Heat oven to 180°C, thermostat 6. (350 F)
- · Mince the chives
- · Remove the coating of the camembert cheese and cut the cheese into small cubes.
- · Mix the dry ingredients together.
- · In a bowl beat the eggs until light yellow and foamy, then add the wine, cooled butter and crème fraiche ,then the chives
- · Mix the two together (dry and wet)
- · Pour batter into a cake/bread pan that has been prepared ( greased and floured)
- · Bake for 35-45 minites