Friday, June 1, 2018

MAY 2018


Mai 2018


Exposition photo theme "Detail"
It is June and I am a little late. I have had problems with the internet connection. I like to work downstairs, but my computer started to protest. upstairs right next to the source, it appears to be working..yeah.

You may have noticed or will notice a notification automatic. The EU now requires a privacy notification. Nothing has changed in my Blog, this is a new rule that went into effect mid-may.

My photo club has its' annual exposition this last weekend in May. We had 47 photos exhibited and about 500 people pass through. It was slow on Sunday the 28th because it was Mother's Day here in France. I won 1st place in the vote of the Photo Club members. I am really happy. However now I have to set up a photo display next year of 6 to 9 photos!!
Our Expo is in the Caveau of the Espace Chambertin


Getting ready for the vernisage (opening) of the Expo
After speeches from the club president and mayor,
everyone shares a glass and snacks like gougeres

Winners "circle". The vote of the public, first place is the
vineyard with a drop of water- the drop has a reflection of
the vineyard. Second place was the photo of the bison with a
reflection in his eye. And third was the photo of the birds head.
I have first place by the vote of the Club.

Trip to the USA. First stop was Chicago. Thought I would never get there. The day before I was ready to go up to Paris (I usually stay at a airport hotel for morning flights),  I took one last look at my emails, and there, email from Air France had canceled my flight for the next morning.  Air France was on strike, but this was a none strike day and I had thought I was safe ( the days of the strike are shown online)! There was nothing I could do while in transit to Paris, but when I arrived at the airport CDG, I went to the service desk and rebooked my flight with Air Canada. I had a stop in Montreal and was 6 hours later arriving in Chicago- noon with Air France, 6pm with rebooked flight via Montreal. Oh well, but I made it!
I had that  evening and the next day to visit and site see (should have scheduled more time..love Chicago). I arrived and it was freezing cold. There had been light flurries during the afternoon, and that evening with the wind, it was cold. Had a nice glass of wine with my cousin and spouse (cousin-in-law???).
Next morning bright and early, I set out on a blue sky morning (7 am) and although sunny it was very cold! and it is Chicago (the WINDY CITY) there was lots of wind (brrrrrr rrrr). I went over to Millennium Park and took photos...what a beautiful place.
The graphics of the glass buildings is amazing!

This is the outdoor concert building...large grass stretch
in front for summer concerts. But again I was drawn to the
graphics.
Cloud Gate or better known as The Bean (Haricot)
Next year the Theme for the Photo Club expo is
REFLETS (reflections)... I am ready.
Stopped in the drug store for gloves after some photos!
I should have taken my camera to the art museum. I thought some places have problems with cameras, so I left it behind. Spent some time there and around without my camera. Spent a large part of the day with my cousin, catching up on our lives. Then out to dinner with cousin, spouse and one daughter who lives in Chicago. Wonderful time talking and enjoying the evening and the great Indian food...
Up the next morning (raining) and out to the airport and a flight to Springfield Mo. Rented a car and drove to Ava Mo (about 2 hours) and into the Ozark Mountains.
Parts of Missouri are on the old Route 66

Went to Branson Mo one day with my sister (she lives outside of Ava). In Branson I had lunch with  longtime friends. I worked with Connie for many many years (in Minnesota) and Steve (her husband) I have also known for a long time. So fun to meet up with old friends.
Watched the famous Fire and Water show too, and was in the wrong place when it started and was on the receiving end of  a huge spray of water (courtesy of the wind).
The water jets are all timed to music.

A walkway that  passes behind the fountains
on the river side..

Old truck by the Big Bass store - still in Branson
Photos from the gravel road by my sister's house.
Bryant Creek, more like a river to me though

A barn

Flock of butterflies
Ah then the return home. Flight day home, everything worked. Both Air France and the railroad were on strike the day I came home, but both my flight and the train from Paris to Dijon ran. And it was a holiday, so the trip from the airport to the Gare Lyon (by bus) was the fastest I have ever had.

Went out and took some photos after coming home

Poppy field

Linen flowers, note the ruins of a castle on the hill left
and the town church center.

More linen turning the other direction (bluer)

I have not found some photos from Ava. If they turn up I may
add them next month. I had several memory cards, now I need to find all of them.

To end the month, we had lunch at a friends house. We started at noon and finished at 7:30 pm. A delightful afternoon with friends, food and wine. It all passed so quickly. One needs a lunch like this every so often.


Recipe of the Month.
Cake with Camembert and chives.
Cake here can be sweet or salty. This is a good aperitif.

Ingrédients
  • ·        1 camembert (750 grams)
  • ·        180 grams shifted flour ( about 1 ¼ cup flour)
  • ·        3 eggs
  • ·        12 cl of crème fraîche liquid  (1/2 cup- use cream if no creme fraiche)
  • ·        5 cl of white wine (dry) ¼ cup
  • ·        1/2 bunch of chives (or to taste)- batter should be fairly colored by the chives
  • ·        10 g of butter – 1 TBL melted
  • ·        1/2 packet or 5.5 grams baking soda
  • ·        Pepper and nutmeg


Préparation
  1. ·        Heat oven to 180°C, thermostat 6. (350 F)
  2. ·        Mince the chives
  3. ·        Remove the coating of the camembert cheese and cut the cheese into small cubes.
  4. ·        Mix the dry ingredients together.
  5. ·        In a bowl beat the eggs until light yellow and foamy, then add the wine, cooled butter and crème fraiche ,then the chives
  6. ·        Mix the two together (dry and wet)
  7. ·        Pour batter into a cake/bread pan that has been prepared ( greased and floured)
  8. ·        Bake for 35-45 minites



No comments:

Post a Comment