|Greek military in full dress and the special Greek march|
|WWI uniforms of the french military|
|Looking at Switzerland...hard to see in the haze, but the white|
band above the land horizon is Lake Geneva ( Lac Léman)
|What views, still some haze!|
|Haze moving in on us..it was sunny down in|
the village of Les Rousses
|Sainfoin...found all over|
|Maybe Millepertuis perforé ..needs further research|
|Gentaine- gorgeous flowers|
|The whole flower or plant GENTIANE..they|
are about 1.5 meters tall!
|need to research this one a little!|
On the road again....oops a slight delay
|Oh la vache|
|Mountain cows with bells...she posed so nicely|
|And the little ones too|
|Tried a panoramic..Swiss border..beautiful scene and very tall cliffs|
Not a hill as it looks in the panoramic, but more like a wall.
The panoramic makes it curve down at the ends-distorts it
|Church of Chapelle des Bois..the bell tower with the rounded|
top is typical of this region
|"Waking of Napoleon"|
|just an old buidling|
|View looking over Fixin...and the old church|
|Lavoir of Chevannes_ Lavoir had a water source and|
it was used to wash clothes
|church tower of Chevannes _ colored tiles of Burgundy|
|a chateau of Collonges with colored tiles|
|Fountain in Ternant|
|Was going to be a small waste basket, but not now.|
|a vase and a paper weight - raku pottery|
That sums up our month.
Recipe of the Month
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small garlic chopped fine
- 2-3 medium zucchinis (courgettes), roughly chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth ( or vegetable broth)
- 3 Tablespoons of fresh mint leaves chopped (reserve a small leaf for each serving)
- 4 Tablespoons of crème fraiche ( or cream)
- Salt and pepper(preferably white pepper) to taste
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic.
- Cook, stirring often, until onion is translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Add zucchini; cook, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes.
- Add stock and 1/2 cup water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Simmer, partially covered, until zucchini is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Add the mint, lemon zest and the lemon juice
- Puree zucchini mixture in a food processor
- Add the crème fraiche
- Add salt and pepper
- Blend well
- Refrigerate for about 1 hour before serving
- Dish into a bowl and add a small mint leaf to decorate