|One of the bands in crazy costumes|
|Another band walking the streets|
|Cork pulling contest|
|I think the little chocolate brown mushrooms are Cortinarius|
|This little one has a brown cap and bluish stem and gills|
|Ramaria aurea -I think. Very pretty mushroom|
|Calm of the woods -late November|
|Blackbird Island plate|
|Blackbird Island flower or herb pot|
2-3 tsp of butter
Possible need for a cube or two of sugar
1. Saute the onion for a couple minutes and then add the garlic
2. Add the wine -whole bottle
3. Add the herbs
4. turn the heat way down and reduce by half
5. Strain the wine and return the wine to the pan
6. Taste...add one cube of beef broth ( at this point my sauce had a hard edge...not sure how good the wine was- so I added one cube of brown natural sugar
7. Reduce slowly
8 Taste every so often for the flavor.
9 You should end up with about 1/3 cup of thick rich wine (syrup consistancy). Add the butter 1 tsp at a time.
Is it worth it...yes! Drizzled on a plate and a nice tenderloin on top..wow it is great. Please let me know if you try it and like it (or not).